Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Animal Paper Plate Crafts

All of a sudden my 3.5 year olds interests are changing.  She has always enjoyed going to the library whenever I've had to go whether for myself or for my 8 year old but just the other day she specifically asked if we could go to the library.  Then she asked if she could get books on Lions and flowers!!  Of course!!  So that afternoon we were off to the library and we found books on Lions in addition to some other animals and even a safari book and 2 flower books.  To encourage her new found interest I decided to do some animal paper plate crafts.  So I decided to start a series of posts on animal crafts which will most likely consist of animal paper plates but who knows we could spread out our creativity to include other animal crafts!

Tiffany's first choice was a Zebra.  I used self sticking foam for the sides of the face and ears.  I am in love with sticky foam!  No glue and Tiffany loves pulling the paper off the back of the sticky part!


And here is the finished product!  I am a believer of letting children do their own work even tho at times I want to jump in and help...just a teeny bit!! But I let their work be their own.  Tiffany drew on the eyes, nose and smile! I would have preferred to have the zebra's nose area also black but ran out of black foam and no black construction paper either.  Instead I used some card stock that I had on hand and it had a pink zebra design, perfect for adding a little touch of 'girly' to it!





No comments:

Post a Comment