Saturday, March 29, 2014

3D Spring Art

We are in full anticipation of spring! Although, the calendar says it's here it still doesn't feel like it in our neck of the woods but we are moving in the right direction.  Making spring crafts and doing activities with a spring theme helps while we wait for the nicer weather.  I wanted to try and do a craft with more of a 3 dimensional appearance and this is what we came up with!


These are the supplies we used:
Brown paint
Green finger paint
Glue
Shredded green paper
Large pom pom
Flower stickers
Butterfly stickers

We started off spreading the glue for our 'grass.'


And what I think was Tiffany's favorite part... the sprinkling of the 'grass!'


We used finger paint for the flower stems.  Tiffany can be finicky with touching certain things but finger paint she has zero problem with.  Just say the words finger paint and her little fingers are wiggling and ready to go!!


Finishing up the flowers by adding these pretty flower stickers.


My favorite part were the bunnies we added.  I painted Tiffany's fingers to make the bunny ears and for the bunnies head and body we used a large pom pom.  


The last part was adding some butterfly stickers.  Tiffany adores using stickers so I try to use them in crafts/activities whenever possible.


Here is our finished 3D spring craft!  I currently have it on our fireplace mantle but would like to find an appropriate frame and find a permanent home for it!




Happy Spring!







9 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how the flowers are 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute art! I love that bunny's ears are finger prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I do too, Annie! Artwork is even better when you can use a hand or fingers or feet, lol!

      Delete
  3. neat! My daughter would LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Thank you for sharing at #Pintorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are this week's winner for my 'Feature Wednesday' linky party! Please visit my blog for your feature :)

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica!! Your link party is very cool and I'm glad you liked our 3D Sprint Art!!

      Delete