Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Recycled Bookmark


I've always thought those strips that come off the ziploc boxes would make perfect bookmarks.


We got a chance to try it out since it was recently Grandma's birthday.  This would also make a cute gift idea for Mother's Day, Grandparent's Day or for the book reader in your life!

Here's what we used:
Ziploc strip (the part you tear off to get to the bags)
Construction paper
Stickers
Ribbon
Hole punch
Glue

Step 1: Wrap the construction paper around the bookmark.  Add some glue on the ends to seal closed.

Step 2: Decorate; we used stickers but you could use crayons or markers.

Step 3: At the top use a hole punch

Step 4: String the ribbon through the hole and tie a bow.

I think our bookmark turned out really cute and Grandma loved it!

I even had my daughter work on some letter sound and recognition by finding each letter in the word Grandma.  I sounded out each letter and my daughter had to find the letter and place onto the bookmark.




4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I bet any relative would love to receive a bespoke bookmark :) #Pintorials

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! recycled, teaching moment, bonding time and spreading the love!! what more could someone ask for in a day?!? thanks for linking to the creative craft challenge!

    ReplyDelete