Friday, May 20, 2016

Sight Word Messages


Two summers ago my husband was able to get his hands on a chalk board.  I was thrilled because I knew my kids would love using it outdoors!  You can check out all the fun my kids have had with our Outdoor Slate Chalkboard post.

My daughter has been working hard this past school year learning sight words.  I thought it would be fun to reinforce what she's learned by writing messages every day on the chalkboard.  My messages always include sight words from the list her kindergarten teacher has sent home, in addition to some new ones.

Here are some of the messages:





Every morning I change the message before my daughter wakes up.  Now that she knows they will be there every morning, she runs to the back door first thing to read her new message.  

I will continue doing this every day throughout the summer.  If you don't have something like this to leave messages on, simply writing on a piece of paper and leaving a  'note' for your child will be fun too and a great way to learn sight words!










No comments:

Post a Comment