Monday, June 27, 2016

Summertime Cupcakes


I've been seeing these adorable cupcakes on pinterest which are perfect for summer.  They have a beach and pool theme and am so glad we tried making them.  These cupcakes are super easy, super fun to make/decorate and of course super delicious to eat!

Here's what you'll need to make these cupcakes:

  • Blue icing, the funfetti is what we used which was perfect because it included the fish sprinkles.
  • Cake mix, any boxed kind will do.
  • Teddy grahams
  • Graham crackers
  • Gummy ring candy
  • Cocktail umbrellas
Directions:
  • bake the cake mix according to box instructions
  • cool and ice cupcakes
  • crush a sleeve of graham crackers 
The next part is the most fun!  Definitely recruit the kids to help decorate these cupcakes!  Once the icing is on, you can make some cupcakes a beach theme.  Do this by dipping the icing into the crushed graham crackers.  Lay your bear down in the sand, add a beach umbrella and voila!  A sun bathing teddy graham!  Or you can stick to a pool theme and just add a teddy graham to the inside of a gummy candy ring and insert into the icing and you have a bear chillin' in the pool!  You could also use gummy life savers to act as the tube for the bears.  I've also seen fruit by the foot used as a beach towel!  Let your imagination run wild!




Adding on the 'sand'

My daughter could not get enough of decorating these and my son and his friends did a fantastic job of devouring a half dozen of them in no time at all!!

Happy Summer!



20 comments:

  1. These are adorable, Susen! Such a cute idea :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edye! So easy and fun to make, too!

      Delete
  2. With a 6 year old and 3.5 year old there always seems to be an occasion that requires cupcakes. I'm going to share this with my friend who has a cake business. I'm sure someone she knows would love this beach theme They'd be great for a 4th of July party! Thanks so much for posting this at the #Alittlebitofeverything link party today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Patty! These were so fun and easy to decorate, even the kids can join in with the creativity!!

      Delete
  3. These are just so cute!!! My grandchildren would love to make these. I do a cooking class with the kids each week and the younger ones would have so much fun. Adding this to my agenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great, Pam! There are so many variations on how to decorate these cupcakes. Have fun making these with the kids, they will love it!

      Delete
  4. These are so cute and would be perfect for a summer themed birthday party! I'm pinning for later :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your post so much that I've chosen you as a Feature at the Over the Moon Link Party. Come back sometime after Sunday night to grab your badge. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! Thanks so much, that's terrific!!!!

      Delete
  6. I am always looking for things to cook with my grandchildren. We have a beach vacation coming up and these look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! These are definitely fun cupcakes to make with kids!!

      Delete
  7. So cute! Pinning this to my Summer Fun board and my cupcake board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! They were so fun to decorate with the kids!

      Delete
  8. These are great! Summer in a cupcake, I say. Thanks for sharing your creative recipe with us on #shinebloghop this week, Susen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, summer in a cupcake Maria!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I love your creative ideas here! My girls love teddy grahams and would enjoy decorating cupcakes with them too. Thanks again for sharing with #EverythingKids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Heather! Kids really do have fun decorating these cupcakes!

      Delete
  10. HI Susen, I pinned these cupcakes a while back. My grandson (7) and I made theme for a beach themed birthday party we had AT THE BEACH last week. We have 4 summer birthdays that we celebrated. These are so cute that i sent them out in my newsletter to subscribers today and posted them on the MySideof50 Facebook page. Love them! cathy@mysideof50.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! I'm so glad you like our cupcakes. They were super fun (and easy) to make and were perfect for our 100 book celebration!!

      Delete